Friday, August 2, 2013

A Calm Quilt


When organizing my sewing space a few months ago, I found this group of fabrics sitting together and I thought they would combine well in a quilt.  But I had other things on my list so I put them away with the rest of my stash and it wasn't until recently during a bit of unplanned sewing time that I remembered my plan.  


This is probably the simplest quilt I have ever made.  I just cut large strips from each of the fabrics, decided on a layout, and stitched them together.


I used some essex linen, kona - I think aqua and oyster, and a stripe from Lizzy House (which is one of my most favorite fabrics.)  


The binding is one of the gray sketch prints and I backed it with a super soft flannel.


Then came time for the photos and my littlest (she is almost 2) really did not want me to take photos of this quilt but rather of other quilts around my house.


She kept tossing the new one onto the floor and holding up old ones.  I tried again the next day (notice the new outfit) but she still didn't want photos of the new quilt.  Hmmm . . .


Maybe she has a preference for crochet????!!!?!?


19 comments:

  1. It might be way to calm for her so she's not interested :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! The wee one has good taste too though, they all look very snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely quilt, love how pretty and calm it is. How sweet of your daughter to hold all the other quilts for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely quilt and I love the story of your little girl - my Littlie's always try to 'help' me with my photos, I love how they watch me (attempting to!) stage photos and then copy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Vera - she probaly doen's want to take a nap and the calm quilt is very soothing. I love the quilt and your little helper!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt those Essex linens made! I bet it is so, so soft. My kid has definite opinions re: photoshoots these days, too . You have to wonder what they will remember of it all, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how simple this quilt is. Sometimes we make them so complicated when simple is just as striking x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how simple this quilt is. Sometimes we make them so complicated when simple is just as striking x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sweet, Beth! Kids do have a mind of their own, don't they? :)

    Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt would match the color schemes of many rooms. So pretty!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, both your daughter and the quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such delightful photos! Love the serenity of your new quilt. And love your daughter's tour of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty quilt. She is so funny, I always wonder exactly what's going on in those tiny little heads :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those colors are so soothing! Did you make the aqua flowered granny squares as well? She has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those little people are so helpful! Love the soft colours of your new quilt, it looks so snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty. I love the soft colors. It looks calm and fresh.
    Your daughters is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this calm quilt! It is just perfect. I also adore the beautiful selections of your little one :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww! What a cutie! That quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!